The Self Love Tag

Sunday 13 August 2017




Hello, my name is Steph and I love myself. 

It seems almost weird to type that out, only because it's not a phrase you come across often. 
And I don't like that. Let's agree to say it more.

Learning to love yourself takes time, life-experience, and a lot of bravery. But as someone who has made it through to the other side of self-discovery, I can tell you that it is the best thing you will every learn to do. You'll approach everything in life differently and those doubts you used to have don't spoil your fun. You find a lot of peace and your relationships become so much more natural. Self-love is worth the fight through bad days, and I can't explain how great it feels.

When I came across this tag on foodandotherloves blog, I knew I had to answer the questions immediately. I love doing these tags!



1. What is something that is getting you down at the moment?
I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone and do more "adult things" and sometimes I lose a little confidence about whether I can handle it. Of course I know I'll be fine, but it's still scary sometimes.


2. What is something that makes you happy?
Usually I would say dogs or food, but I'm gonna go out of the box here and say looking forward to something. Lately it's been our holiday in Hawaii and then moving into a flat with the BF later in the year. I love having exciting plans for the future, it always makes me work harder and not ever get complacent.


3. Name 3 guilty pleasures.
Spending hours on Pinterest pinning and planning future events definitely comes to mind. It's like making a beautiful mood board for my favorite things and it's oddly satisfying to pin pictures. Kinder chocolate is on the list too. It was a treasured childhood favorite that has never gone away! I still buy Kinder Surprise Eggs when I fill up my car at the petrol station sometimes. My new guilty pleasure has been putting whipped cream on top of an Oreo before I eat it. So good!


4. What is something about yourself that you would like to improve on? 
I think I would like to understand myself better. Sometimes I get emotional over something and I have no idea why. My brain is a funny thing sometimes, so I need to get better at reading it and having more control. It'll help people around me too!


5. When was the last time you belly laughed?
It was definitely a few weeks back when I was hanging out with Steve. I think one of us (probably me) did something embarrassing, but instead of it getting weird we just crack up laughing at each other. I love that I can do that with him, it's the best kind of relationship.


6. What is your biggest insecurity and fear?
Failure 100%. I don't want to look back on my life knowing I disappointed people or never did anything worthwhile. I'm really hard on myself when I make mistakes, whether it's at work or CrossFit. I don't like thinking I can't do something or remain unsuccessful. It definitely drives me to be better and learn from when I do fail.


7. Name a song that always cheers you up when you're down.
Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld never fails me. It's really fun and upbeat, I've blasted it in the car more times than I can remember.


8. Name 3 things you like about yourself.
1) I'm a pretty good cook. I like food a lot, so it's a good skill to have.
2) My creativity. Writing, photography, drawing, painting, I love my imagination.
3) When I turn into a badass at CrossFit. I like who I am when I'm pushing myself through hard work.


9. What is an achievement that has made you proud of yourself this year?
Coming third at our in-house CrossFit competition was an amazing moment. I felt confident that day, and with all of my progress leading up to it. Getting on that podium was a big deal for me and it made all of that hard work I'd been putting in worth it. I'm far from where I want to be, but I was so damn proud of how I performed that day.


10. Tell us your happiest memory.

There's not any one single moment that comes to mind really, more like a dozen of the happiest times. Like camping with my family and having a bonfire on the beach with marshmallows. Graduating university and seeing my parents proud of me. Running around Hogsmeade Village at Universal Studios and letting my inner ten-year old live her dream. And being in my favorite restaurant with Steve when he said the L word for the first time <3


I hope you enjoyed this tag! Feel free to copy and paste the questions to try it yourself.
Let me know if you do, because I would love to read your answers!
Steph x. 



4 comments :

  1. Absolute love your post. Pinterest is my guilty pleasure too. I always look for makeup/skincare and eyebrow stuffs lol 😛😛😛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! oh I agree, there's some awesome beauty inspiration on Pinterest!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Such a great post, and pinterest is far too addictive, isn't it!? :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! OMG yes, I spend far too much time on there designing my future home and wedding haha
      Steph x.

      Delete