Daily Blog: Easy Vegetarian Dinner & Surviving the Maze Runner

Wednesday 8 June 2016





Good Morning! 






I decided on pancakes for breakfast today since I've had a lot of porridge lately. How cool is my Superman mug? I'm 24 years old, and that's the mug I love to use most : )




I have the night off work tonight, so I'm writing myself a big fat to-do list to get my blog organized for this week's posts. Today is going to be a productive day!

It's leg day at the gym today! I'm stupidly excited about it for some reason. I even want to get to the gym earlier than usual, so I can workout for longer. This whole gym-junkie thing is going to a new level!





Added some cacao powder to my protein smoothie today! It tastes amazing and has great antioxidants for you too. It also helps with my chocolate cravings, which is always a blessing.


I ran late to the gym (typical me) but I made up for it by staying for an hour and a half. Don't ever feel like you have to stay for that long, I'm just really going hard at the moment because I only have 11 weeks to get my body the way I want it for my holiday. I know I'm getting so close now that it's making me determined to work as hard as I can. I did get quite dizzy at the beginning, but it's great endurance training for me.
I also had this lovely older man who is quite often at the gym with me, say that I was looking very fit. It was so sweet of him!




Keeping it casual in black with my outfit today. I was also a complete idiot and forgot all of my makeup brushes, but luckily I packed my BB cream and just used my fingers to blend it in. That's what I get for not getting myself organized the night before! Lesson learned.




Home for some lunch and I am starving. I'm having Sunday's meal prep of soba noodle stir-fry. It looks like a huge portion, but this keeps me full for so long and really helps restore my energy. Plus, I packed it with chili to get metabolism moving nicely!




Having one of my healthy gingernut biscuits and a coffee to get me into work mode. 




I've finally finished editing Sunday's daily blog, now onto shooting some photos for a post coming up this week. Hopefully it turns out how I want it to.





Around 3pm I always need a break from doing work, so I've made myself a snack and am about to dig into Blue Lily, Lily Blue, which is my favorite of the Raven Cycle series so far. Because of my spending ban, I can't buy the fourth book The Raven King yet : (




I also shot the photos for my popcorn recipe post (coming soon!) then devoured the bowl while I caught up on some episodes of Vikings. I'm so glad I started watching this show! Everything about it is brilliant. If you're a fan of Game of Thrones, or just love strong characters, you will love it too!





It's my turn to make dinner tonight! I wasn't sure of what to make at first, but after checking our fridge (and a Donna Hay food magazine) I got the best idea.
I'm going to do a three-part vegetarian meal of roasted cauliflower & broccoli steaks, sweet potato fritters, and a lentil salad.

For the vegetable steaks, I just cut them, placed them on a baking tray, and sprinkled over some turmeric, smoked paprika, and sumac spices. Topped with some canola oil and a bit of chili oil for spice and to make it turn a lovely color while it bakes.





I grated my sweet potato in the food processor to make it 10x easier than doing it by hand. I then transferred it to a bowl and added:

2 eggs
1 teaspoon cumin
mixed herbs
parsley
salt & pepper

Mix everything well! Cook them in a pan on a medium-high heat with some canola oil until golden brown. Yum!!




The lentil salad only took me about 5 minutes to make and it looks so good. Just drained and rinsed a can of lentils, then add baby spinach, feta cheese, cucumber and red onion. I just dressed it with some white wine vinegar and pepper.




Just did every girl's dreaded chore of washing makeup brushes. Has to be done, and for some reason my day always feels productive once I've done it.




I just had the biggest urge to watch The Maze Runner. It's one of my all-time favorite movie (and book) franchises. I'd like to think with all of my gym training that I could actually survive the maze if I was placed there. I could totally be a runner and smash a few grievers. You never know! Best be fit and ready. Not sure I could win the Hunger Games though.




I waited until Mum got home from work so we could eat together, and this is what dinner looks like all together! It tasted amazing and Mum loved it too, so that made me happy.

I finished off watching the Maze Runner while I commented on some blogs. Today has been really productive, yet I got to relax a little bit and catch up on TV. Sometimes I pressure myself into spending most of my time working on my blog and it makes it hard to relax. I think it comes from my student days where I felt like I should be studying 24/7!


Do you think you could survive the Maze Runner?
Steph x.




2 comments :

  1. I loved The Maze Runner but I only just recently watched the second movie in the series and I just didn't like it quite as much! I definitely could Not survive the maze haha

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Yeah the second one has a different vibe for sure. I like the first better too : )
      Steph x.

      Delete